Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

First signs of movement....

My wonderful, sweet, fantastic husband is picking up some OT at work to prepare us for what's coming our way. A little bundle of joy and the fact that i'll be out for work for 8 weeks or so.We are trying to get some what financially ready as well as mentally. Financially is way easier than mentally BTW. No matter how long you've got to prepare yourself, I feel as though you'll never truly be ready for the immense amount of responsibility a child really is. Not saying we aren't ecstatic about our little boy, it's just a completely different mind set than what we're use to and with a little time a practice i'm sure we'll get the hang of things. 

This morning as J and I were sitting in the parking lot of his work, I leaned over on his shoulder and smelled his shirt. I don't know why I do this but it always makes me feel so at ease. I love the smell of him so much that when he isn't in the room and I'm having trouble falling asleep or I just miss him, I'll spray his body spray on the pillows to make me feel better. I'm lame, yes I know but I can't help love everything about that man. He's truly an exceptional person and I'm so incredibly grateful to have him in my life. So as I was saying, we were sitting in the parking lot waiting til he had to go in and I kept feeling this slight poking sensation in my gut and at first I chalked it up to it being so early and perhaps I was hungry. It stopped for about 20 seconds and then it picked up again. At this point I told J that I think the baby is nudging me. He put his hand on my belly but wasn't able to feel anything. I told him that at this stage in the pregnancy the baby can make out our voices and he could have a conversation with the baby. He started talking to him and OMG OMG OMG HE MOVED!!!!!!!!!! He said, I love you little buddy and the baby went nuts. I could feel him like I've never felt him before. It almost felt like he was doing cartwheels in there. My heart sunk. The love of my life and the love of OUR lives have officially met. It was a beautiful moment in the lives of J and Jen. I have so much unconditional love for this child already I can only imagine what it'll be like when we actually hold him for the first time. Oh, there he goes again. He totally just punched me in the gut. ♥ ♥ ♥ 


Little sleep today, but our baby has brought us so much happiness so early in the morning that it's totally worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment